2017 DCSR Foundation Golf Outing and Liberty Mutual Invitational Qualifier, June 12, 2017
On June 12, 2017, the DC Scottish Rite Foundation is holding its annual Golf Outing at Bretton Woods Golf Course in Germantown, Maryland. As in past years, the Outing consists of two concurrent tournaments, one to benefit the Scottish Rite Center for Childhood Language Disorders, and the other to determine a team to compete in the 2018 Liberty Mutual Invitational (LMI) at The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Golf Resort.
Both tournaments use the scramble format from a shotgun start. Those playing in the DC Scottish Rite Tournament need not have a qualifying handicap; but for those competing in the qualifier, LMI rules require that each player have a USGA handicap, the combined team handicap must total at least 43.0, and only one player on the team may have a handicap of 8.0 or less.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is a significant sponsor of our annual golf outings, and they have partnered with a coalition of additional benefactors to provide the prizes awarded in various categories for both Tournaments.
The individual fees and sponsorship levels remain the same as last year, please click here to download a printable registration form, or pay online.
DC Scottish Rite Foundation is an IRS-determined 501(3)(c) corporation, and your donations, less the cost of goods and services received, are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Benefiting the Scottish Rite Center for Childhood Language Disorders
Proceeds from the tournament will benefit the Scottish Rite Center for Childhood Language Disorders. The Childhood Language Disorders Center is an early intervention diagnostic and therapy service for children in the Metropolitan area up to the age of 21. It is operated by Children’s Hospital of Washington DC and supported and maintained by the DC Scottish Rite Foundation. The Center evaluates and treats speech and language disorders including autism and is a bilingual (Spanish) service with 11 full-time clinicians servicing over 800 patients yearly.
Through your support, children who were withdrawn from society will have the opportunity to become productive and engaged citizens.
Hit the links and help the Center and your community! Breakfast, Lunch, Raffle, and Awards Ceremony are included for all participants.
- Monument SponsorIncludes corporate logo and banner, three (3) foursomes, and two (2) hole sponsorships for a minimum contribution of $5,000.
Tee Up for a Monument Sponsorship
- Cornerstone SponsorIncludes two (2) foursomes, and one (1) hole sponsorship for a minimum contribution of $3,000.
Tee Up for a Cornerstone Sponsorship
- Ashlar SponsorIncludes one (1) foursome, and one (1) hole sponsorship for a minimum contribution of $1,000.
Tee Up for an Ashlar Sponsorship
- Benefactor ($200)Includes tee sponsorship – no golf
Tee Up for a Benefactor Sponsorship
- Individual Golfer ($175)Includes 18 holes of golf, range balls, light breakfast, and luncheon awards dinner
Tee Up to Play Golf
15700 River Road
Germantown, MD 20874
Bretton Woods’ 18-hole championship golf course challenges novices and experts alike. Designed by Ed Ault on 285 acres adjacent to the Potomac River, its 6,663 yards opened in 1968. The course has been home to the Maryland Open, Washington Metropolitan Golf Association Amateur Championship and several United States Golf Amateur Qualifiers.
- FROM DC and VIRGINIATake I-495 North to Route 190 West (River Road) toward Potomac. Continue on River Road through the traffic light in the Center of Potomac Village and proceed another eight miles. You will pass Violets Lock Road on the left and Bretton Woods will be the next drive on the left. (Bretton Woods is on the left immediately before River Road ends at Seneca Road.)
- FROM POINTS NORTH IN MARYLANDTake I-270 South to Route 118 South toward Germantown. Continue on Route 118 for approximately 6-7 miles and turn left at the light at Route 28 East (Darnestown Road). Drive 0.7 miles and turn right at the traffic light onto Route 112 South (Seneca Road). Drive 2.8 miles and turn left onto Route 190 East (River Road). Bretton Woods is the first drive on the right.
- FROM BETHESDATake Fernwood Road to Democracy Road and turn right. Proceed 3.7 miles and turn left onto Falls Road. Go to the traffic light at River Road (Route 190) and turn right. Follow River Road for 8 miles. You will pass Violets Lock Road on the left and Bretton Woods will be the next drive on the left. (Bretton Woods is on the left immediately before River Road ends at Seneca Road.)
- FROM POINTS EAST IN MARYLANDTake I-495 South to Route 190 West (River Road) toward Potomac. Continue on River Road through the traffic light in the Center of Potomac Village and proceed another eight miles. You will pass Violets Lock Road on the left and Bretton Woods will be the next drive on the left. (Bretton Woods is on the left immediately before River Road ends at Seneca Road.)
- FROM POINTS EAST IN MARYLANDTake Route 124 (Montgomery Village Avenue) past I-270. Continue on Montgomery Village Avenue and it will become Quince Orchard Road. Follow this to the intersection of Route 28 (Darnestown Road). Make a right on Route 28 and continue about 4 miles. Make a left onto Route 112 (Seneca Road). Continue another 2.8 miles and turn left onto Route 190 (River Road). Bretton Woods is the first drive on the right.
Monday, June 12, 2017
- 7:30 – 9:00 AM Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 AM To the Carts for Instructions
- 9:15 AM Shotgun Start
- 2:00 PM Luncheon and Awards
A silent auction will be held to raise money for the Center.
For more information, contact Carroll Collins, General Secretary, Scottish Rite, Orient of the District of Columbia at 202.232.8155, email@example.com